Need to test monitor with low frequencies

ess765

I ve been to a pro studio and the guy showed me some audio samples for each low frequencies. He showed me the ones that couldn t be heard and then he came up each time to higher frequencies untill I could understand them. He played come waves from 30 Hz, 40 Hz, 50 Hz, untill 100Hz.

I d like to do it in my home studio to test my monitors and understand those frequencies leting my years more used to them.

So, I d like someone to tell me how can I create those sounds from 30Hz to 100Hz, in way that I can choose exactly the frequency to be played, no matter if I listen to it or if it can only be felt, or if it only make the Low speaker to shiver....

I have Reason 3 and Cubase Sx. And I d like to create these experience im my system, using one of these 2 softwares.

Thank you.

i guess u can just play a bass instrument and use an equalizer to pull up whatever frequenci u wanna hear the most of

Good luck on accurately reproducing those frequencies on your monitors - even if they do say they're responsive down to 24Htz.. You need a sub woofer and a decent listening room for that.

Back