Need Please Wit Trackin From Mpc To Pt 6

L

lunytunes

hey wuts goin on...i have a mpc 2000xl and pro tools 6 wit an mbox and m-audio oxygen 8...i dont really kno much bout hardware but wut do i need to track out my beats from the mpc to pro tools...i wanna do it thru midi so dat da mpc can be da slave to pro tools....wut gear do i need or am i good wit wut i got? please gimmie ur opinions...wut do i need or if im good wit wut i got how should i hook it up to make it work da way i want it to (mpc slave to pt)...thanks

Well your are goin to need MIDI cables. Refer to your manual. It tells u exactly how to set up the MPC to be a SLAVE.

Then go to ProTools and set up the MIDI so you can slave your MPC. My Triton LE is slaved to my MV-8000 and when I'm ready to track out my music I turn my MV into a slave also then I press record in ProTools.
I use Digidesign Command 8 as my recording board and it makes tracking so easy. It's a cool thang to see all your tracks on seperate tracks. Your mixes will sound better. Believe that.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
my triton is slaved to my mpc and my mpc is slaved to pro tools, but when i press record on pro tools it doesn't record. (and yes pro tools is online)

Back