need help with vocal syncing

Reezy

hey Producers! Today i had to face a problem while doing a remix. The original vocal os not getting synced with the instrumental i produced. the vocal is of 88 bpm and i am trying to sync it with the 126 bpm project. i use fl studio. as i have not much experience with vocal tracks. i need your tips and tricks about it! Waiting for you to help.

Thanks.

They are different tempos. They will not line-up / sync properly.

You must either change the tempo of the vocal to match the music... or change the tempo of the music to match the vocal.

...its like wondering why a square peg won't fit into a round hole...

...or an 800lb man doesn't fit into pants with a 27" waist...

...or a bicycle tire won't fit into an Altoids tin...

...or a loaf of bread won't nicely fit into your shoe...

i know these i asked what amount of multiplication value would sync up the vocal with the track.

You could try slicing the vocals track. In between each break use the slice tool to separate certain lines from the vocals then click the arrow at the top left of the playlist and change the snap to "none" then move the split vocals around and see where it sounds right to you at. Usually looping 4-8 bars at a time and matching the vocals is easiest for me.

thanks. helpfull. would you mind just checking the 'Sing me to sleep' by alan walker on youtube. this trac's chorus part is horribly out of sync. but its still a hit. i don't understand..

thanks. helpfull. would you mind just checking the 'Sing me to sleep' by alan walker on youtube. this trac's chorus part is horribly out of sync. but its still a hit. i don't understand..

the rhythm of the chorus vocal is dfinitely "out there"... but once you figure out what it is going for, it makes some sense.

You need to forget what you know as "normal" and feel what it is doing.

When I don't know the BPM of a vocal part, I just use BPM TAP (google it) and tap along with the transients, most of the time I can pretty much figure out the BPM then I slice the vocals up and work from there with my metronome and DAW grid-placement :)

Back