Need help recording drums into fl

lbeezy

Can't quite figure out how to record drums through edison in fl studios 9, into a track while i have the track playing so that i can hear it over headphones to drum to. ASIO only lets me choose one option in edison. I can either record the drums with the microphone, or play the track.I want to to do both at the same time, because trying to place the drums over is difficult when drumming over an mp3 through itunes. Hard to match the exact start point and somewhere down the line the drums go offbeat.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. First time using actual drums instead of sample packs.

What you can do is, lay down the backing track in the playlist. Now route the backing track into an empty mixer track. Next select another empty mixer track then select your audio input. Click record on FL studio then select "Audio into playlist". then hit play it should record properly now.

But if you really want to record in Edison here's a tip...
Go to Youtube and search this: "FL Studio Guru - Edison Loop Recording (External Audio)"
That will show you haw to use Edsion for loop recording.

If have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I might even post a video to help you.

Peace

Back