Need Help Mastering

backup718

I record in cool edit pro 2 and everything sounds good in my m-audio Bx8 speakers but when we mix down the tracks to one and put it in another sound system it doesnt sound the same. I just need help on how to get the best quality on my album.....Thanks

Sound can be effected my many variables. It could be where your monitors are placed in your room, what type floor/walls you have. What speaker Amp you're using, ect. Only solution I can tell you without seeing your setup is to make sure your monitors aren't directly against any walls or too close to any corners, and start using headphones to reference your mix. That way you can hear how it sounds between 2 output sources before it leaves your studio.

Google "Audio Room Treatment" "Audio Monitoring Placement" and similar topics and read up, the net will offer you a ton of solutions.

also, this is just my suggestion, but it doesn't sound like the problem is necessarily a mastering problem but a mixing problem.

also, this is just my suggestion, but it doesn't sound like the problem is necessarily a mastering problem but a mixing problem.

When you're checking your final mix, be sure to check the mix on several systems.

Make a ruff mix and burn it to CD. Now, listen to it in your living room stereo. Can you understand all of the vocals? Listen to it on a boom box. Can you hear the effect you put on the bridge vocals? Should it be more pronounced or mellower?

I assume you've got the friggin' rhythm section right. What remains after that is placing leads (both vocal and instrumental) and overdubs. Cut bass frequencies out of double tracks, ad libs, and echo tracks.

If you're working with a 2-track instrumental (as many of us must) you may need to slightly cut some midrange frequencies. Use a freq. analyser if you must, but clear a little room fo0r the vocals, It can make a big difference.

Me so sleepy-
-Hoax

Back