Need Help Choosing Headphones

OGBama

I have an issue called adult Serous Otitis Media Bilateral but want to get started recording solo female Rap vocals but due to having the aforementioned issue, I need advice on choosing closed-back around the ear headphones. I've never experienced neither vertigo and/or tinnitus in my life, and prior to my issue I've experienced Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. Use will be tracking vocals only, length of time worn will range from anywhere from no less than an hour but not over two hours, and my budget is less than and not over the thousands.

Last edited:
I usually recommend the Sony 7506's; not too expensive as "good" headphones go, and they are somewhat of an industry standard. There are some other Sony models that are great too (some of them no longer in production, unfortunately).

Headphones are like speakers; it also kind of depends on what you want-- flat (for production), "hyped" (more bass or more treble), and/or choices based on comfort, convenience, and cost. What exactly is the outcome of this diagnosis; in other words, what happens, and what are you looking for in a set of headphones, and how does that relate to the diagnosis? Also, just a thought, but maybe your ENT or audiologist would have some specific suggestions?

Back