Need Earsss. I'm No Engineer, but I Mixed And Mastered My Own Song.

Hey all. I'm a producer from New England that recently became a vocalist and writer.
I'm relatively confident in these things but not as much in my engineering.
Can I get some ears for this mix?? If you like it feel free to smash that like button but no obligations haha.
You have free will n shit

Outrun (prod. by De Von)  [EXPLICIT] by De Von | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I think the high end becomes a bit loud and a bit "nagging" at times so that you have to turn down the volume. So I would encourage you to be slightly more moderate about the levels on the percussive high end rich sounds. My taste is also such that when the mix has lots of various delays at various rates on top of each other it can become a little fatiguing. So I would relax the mix a little in a few different ways. But it is overall well done.

Sounds clean. Mix sounds good in DT770pro headphones IMO. I didn't crank my speakers though, since it's 11.31 PM here :)
But sounds very nice on talking-volume. Good work man!!

Dude this is so clean, you've got to share your secrets!

I mix and master all my own stuff too, any tips to get something this clean? That's some spicy shit!

I def see what you mean! I'll keep that in mind for the future if my engineer is busy again! Thank you so much for the honest critique

A few that some engineer friends taught me but I mostly do it by sound after that! And thanks!! Lets connect homie. What's the best place to contact you?

Back