Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multitrack Software or Hardware??

Thanks

Question Multitrack Software or Hardware??

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm looking into purchasing something to do multitrack recording with. I have a AMD 1.4Ghz computer. I don't know wether to go with software or purchase a hard disk recorder. I'm looking for the best way to do it and of course cheapest. Thanks for the help!

Kalmplex

Thanks
    1.4G ..... Like 1.4 Gigabyte harddrive?..

if that is the size.. i would suggest getting hardware.. or more space... becasue audio files are REALLY BIG.. I'm defragmenting my audio computer right now.. I havea 18Gig harddrive.. and i was down to almost nothing... and i never even noticed!.. I totally reformated my computer in May....
    [URL="http://www.thesounddesign.com"]Sound Design & Mastering[/URL]

Thanks
    how many tracks u wanna record (in total/at once)? do you want to be able to use softsynths/samplers too?
    Last edited by helpermonkey; 07-03-2002 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks
    I mean 1.4ghz in speed. I have a 30 gig hard drive.

Thanks
    personally id would go with the software. i like to be able to actually see all of my audio tracks laid out and the such. but if you all about the pysical touch and turning knobs and pushing buttons. then obviosuly hardware is your choice. the software will most likely also be cheaper
    M.A.S. Productions: Ambient Music for the Mind
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [url=http://masproductions.co.nr]Homepage[/url] ----- [url=http://www.myspace.com/dynamicinterplay]Dynamic Interplay Project[/url] ----- [url=http://electronicmusicprod.wikispaces.org/]Electronic Music Production Wiki[/url]

Msn:massup909@hotmail.com
    Aim:massup909
    Yahoo:massup909

Thanks
    What's good software? Is cakewalk any good?

Thanks
    Personnaly I don't like Cakewalk, it looks like a toy compared to other multitracker/sequencers.
    For audio multitracking i think you should go for Nuendo or Logic Audio, they are the best. And to chose between these two soft, I'd go for Logic. I already used it, it is too complicated but it is great. You have full control over everything plus a variaty of powerful plugins.
    Now there is cubase sx, but nobody gave any feedback about it.
    <) i n f e c t e d (>

For free synth patches, join http://www.soundlabz.com

T a k e T h e B e s t A n d F u n k T h e R e s t

Thanks
    if you're using a PC, don't use Logic. i'm not dissing the program, it's just that Apple have just bought Emagic who make it, and they are ceasing PC development of Logic - so no more new versions after 5.2.

a sad day......

but what the hey, i've been a cubase user for years!

cubase SX by all accounts is supposed to be great - i havent' tryed it yet, cos it only runs on Win2000 and XP. gonna reformat tonite tho and give it a try.

Thanks
    If its just audio rec,i would go for pro-tools,u can build up a quite stable hardware/software recording station with it,being fully upgradeable up to ya money.

If instead you need to control midi devices,i`d choose Logic.

I am not a big fan of cakewalk,and cubase.

Thanks
    hardware or software huh? it depends on what you feel more comfortable with. hardware is expensive but since you already own a PC, it'll be cheaper if you go the software route. I have heard that logic is a hard program to learn, cubase is good, but sonar is easy to pick up, and is now full fledged multitrack/sequencer. If you really want to go big time, you can get pro tools also if you have the money. peace

krisis9-----

Thread Information