Mixing rap vocals - How to use Aux reverb/delay on Pro Tools

G

Ginsingh

Sup all

I remember someone taught me in the past how to quickly make Aux channels on Pro tools for effects like Reverb and Delay on vocals to add some subtle effects. I've been using the plugins on each individual channel and I'm sure its taking a toll on the program in terms of processing speed and also the effects seem a lot more noticeable which isn't always good.

Can someone provide a quick link or tutorial on how to do this? I'm using Pro Tools LE8.

Also, for people that mix rap vocals, do you tend to use reverb or delay more often? Any suggestions as to good plugins for reverb and delay? I use Maserati VX for vocal compression etc. but need something for rev/delay.

Thanks.

Thank you for the quick and straight-forward reply, I will check out the video.

I am still learning how to mix my music better (rap) and for a long time I used Limiters to make my music "louder" but lately I started using compression instead and am happy with the results.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I have another question about the AUX inputs. Would it be best to set the AUX input on a channel to 100% just to see how strong I want the effects and then just tone it down from there?

What I Like to do is have my Mix in the actual effect at 100% than use the AUX fader to add what I want. But really you should be using your Sends for Effects and AUX just to control the Volume But there are no rules to mixing so do what best fits you.

Can someone recommend a good standard Reverb/Delay plugin that comes with Pro Tools? I also have Waves 7 plugins, does anyone know if there are any good rev/delay plugins in it? I find it most helpful more all the plugins to beef up drums and add presence to synths etc. but haven't tried any of the reverb/delay plugins, if any...

Back