Mixing Audio Loops

Hey everyone. These days I have been creating with Drum/Instrument loops that I get of Splice.com. Now when I add these sounds into my DAW should I be doing any type of compression, eq'ing, etc ..? I"m curious because most of the sounds already sound awesome and i'm sure these sounds have already been processed a bit.

Also when using these loops would I gain stage these as well or is gain staging for instruments just going in? I've been using Clip Gain in Logic Pro on any and everything to keep levels nominal.

Do whatever it takes. If it sounds good and fit in the mix already you don't have to do anything. There's no rule like "You have to use processor xyz".

Do whatever it takes. If it sounds good and fit in the mix already you don't have to do anything. There's no rule like "You have to use processor xyz".

Understood I know there's really no rules here, but just from experience I wanted to know how people usually went about using loops. Especially setting the levels-they sound great but once I start gain staging everything they seem to loose their punch I guess.

Thanks though man! Appreciate your reply.

as mentioned above do what you feel needs to be done to the Loops - most of the time they already have processing on them especially when they are sampled from a Record

Back