mixer

dsp4life

ok I was thinking of buying a new mixer or digital mixer for my stuido somethung like a mackie or berhinger whith 24 inputs but i said wait , i have a 1680 which would give me 8 inputs and purchase another on by and sync them for a total of 16 digtal iputs with effects if i need rather than a 24 anaglog to record into pro tools mbox tell me your opins or suggestions vs people.. thanks dp

Be a bit clearer man......1680, do you mean Roland 1680 or what?

Also, you need to decide what you need the mixer for. If it's simple inputs into the PT system, then there are ways around this. But if you need multiple ins and outs, auxes for efx and inserts for dynamics, then an analogue mixer is a great way to work. A digital mixer will also help, but you need to be even clearer about how to operate this with the system you have......you don't want 2 stages of conversion, plus a lot of the dig mixer's functions will be repeated in the PT system, so make sure you know what you need from each.

With PT setups, many people use a control surface and a straight forward outs to ins rack, ADAT, Lightpipe etc.. systems, maybe a good 8in card and a control surface, that type of ****.

yes im tailking about a roland and i was looking for the option w/ the most flexibilty rather im recording in pt or on the roland and to save money

Back