Mix Sounds Off

TriFrEeZe

I mix using studio monitors and headphones (primarily headphones as it allows me to hear the fine little details) and I have noticed that when I listen to my composition through other devices, let's say earbuds, it sounds drowned out by low end over all. I'm not sure if it's the mix or the export settings or the mastering that is causing it, however, it's annoying and slightly scary as I never realized that my mixes sounded like this until today. (RIP to all those people I sent beats to maybe?)

It could all just be a hoax, however, it would be very helpful if someone here could critique the overall sound. Does my mix sound drowned out to you? Does something sound too loud? Am I paranoid & it actually doesn't sound bad?

I attached one of my beats (short clip) in .mp3 format.

Thanks for your help. My feelings will not be hurt if you are honest. :D

EDIT: FIXED MY PROBLEM! Used pink noise to mix, and it worked like a charm.

Attachments

• DaBabyTypeBeatZip.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Is your moniters in a triangle? They're both staring at you and as far apart from each other as you... And the tweeter is ear level? Room acoustics is what you need. Try put your monitors along the long wall of your room and get acoustic panels and bass traps. What's happening is every room sounds different. You song will sound good only in your room.

Fixed the problem!

I re positioned my monitors, and used the amazing pink noise for mixing. It worked like a charm. My mix is perfectly balanced. I highly recommend this technique!

Back