Thread: Mix Sounds Off

Thanks

Unhappy Mix Sounds Off

Sign in to disable this ad
    I mix using studio monitors and headphones (primarily headphones as it allows me to hear the fine little details) and I have noticed that when I listen to my composition through other devices, let's say earbuds, it sounds drowned out by low end over all. I'm not sure if it's the mix or the export settings or the mastering that is causing it, however, it's annoying and slightly scary as I never realized that my mixes sounded like this until today. (RIP to all those people I sent beats to maybe?)

It could all just be a hoax, however, it would be very helpful if someone here could critique the overall sound. Does my mix sound drowned out to you? Does something sound too loud? Am I paranoid & it actually doesn't sound bad?

I attached one of my beats (short clip) in .mp3 format.

Thanks for your help. My feelings will not be hurt if you are honest.

EDIT: FIXED MY PROBLEM! Used pink noise to mix, and it worked like a charm.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TriFrEeZe; 10-11-2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Solved

Thanks
    Is your moniters in a triangle? They're both staring at you and as far apart from each other as you... And the tweeter is ear level? Room acoustics is what you need. Try put your monitors along the long wall of your room and get acoustic panels and bass traps. What's happening is every room sounds different. You song will sound good only in your room.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Carroll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Fixed the problem!

I re positioned my monitors, and used the amazing pink noise for mixing. It worked like a charm. My mix is perfectly balanced. I highly recommend this technique!

Thanks
    Did @TriFrEeZe you get my PM?
    "Once black music leaves its original context, it begins to take on different meanings and serve different functions, and it is interpreted very differently." Portia Maultsby

Thread Information