MIDI note keeps hanging???

mark1234

I have this problem with the Albino 3 VSTi.

I have a lot of chords coming after eachother in the Piano Roll in FL Studio but than when i let a new pattern come in 1 note keeps hanging.
Do any of you guys know how to fix this problem?

Your help would be very much appreciated!

you need to make sure that the last note does not continue past the end of the bar or it will hang as the MIDI Note Off event won't be sent - look in the piano roll and adjust the length of the last note in the pattern to be inside the bar

Last edited:
and there is the rub in trying to use pattern based sequencing versus straight sequencing

you may be able to send a note off message

- I do not use fl often enough to know for sure how you do that but one way might be to insert a new note with a velocity of 0 (the old fashioned way of sending a note off event when the sequencer wouldn't do it for you) at the point you want the note to stop.....

and there is the rub in trying to use pattern based sequencing versus straight sequencing

you may be able to send a note off message

- I do not use fl often enough to know for sure how you do that but one way might be to insert a new note with a velocity of 0 (the old fashioned way of sending a note off event when the sequencer wouldn't do it for you) at the point you want the note to stop.....

Wow! great idea. Gonna try that now!
But it doesn't happen with other instruments only Albino 3? Could this have to do with Albino 3?

it could be a flaw/feature that it only responds to note off events

it could be a flaw in the fl-plug-in interface too

Make sure your release isn't set long too. Sometimes that will cause the notes to hang forever. Or you can try writing a volume fade.

I remember that, used to tick me off so much notes had to be in the bar or else it wouldn't stop at that point. I think there's an option to disable that though, Playlist don't have that issue at all tbh but oh my god that motherf--pattern mode used to do that 24/7 on me :/

That general menu in fl i think, other daws have this option too called cut notes at part end or somethin. I dont think it affect fl piano roll but it worked on the timeline back then

Last edited:
Back