Microphone for computer

T

Texas Boy

What Mic would be good for recording on PC. Do I need a special input for that or what let me know.

New to tha game but taking it over

You got a long way to go until "taking it over" with questions like these...

1) You need a computer.

2) This computer must have a "soundcard" which you will input your microphone through, allowing your copmuter to stream the audio into it.

3) Your computer must have some kind of recording software which will capture/record the audio that is coming through your computer's soundcard.

****Special Considerations*****
If the microphone is a condensor (also known as Cardiod), which are the most popular and best for recording vocals (assuming thats what you want to record) then you will need what is called "phantom power". This is simply the electrical voltage required to power the microphone and to be able to get any sound of it at all. This "phantom power" is achieved through what are called "pre amps" which you will use to gain stage (set the volume of) your recording. You can use either a standalone "pre amp" to plug your mic into to achieve all this, or use an external mixer which most will contain "phantom power" and "pre amps". Thats about as technically correct as I can explain it.

Sorry but i fail to see a review of a "usb microphone" on that page....thought i admittedly am not taking too much time in searching

Ebbiguise555 said:

****Special Considerations*****
If the microphone is a condensor (also known as Cardiod), which are the most popular and best for recording vocals (assuming thats what you want to record) then you will need what is called "phantom power".

Cardioid refers to the pick up pattern. There are also dynamic cardiod mics. Cardioids are also known as capicitor mics. Maybe that's what you meant.

Last edited:
Back