Mastering with UAD

20dollarbeats

Can anyone tell me about their master chain with UAD and if you use the Multiband compressor all the time when mastering?
Also, does anyone that uses UAD plugins use the precision maximizer with or without the limiter on (and use the precision limiter instead)

Can anyone tell me about their master chain with UAD and if you use the Multiband compressor all the time when mastering?
Also, does anyone that uses UAD plugins use the precision maximizer with or without the limiter on (and use the precision limiter instead)

You looking at the current sale on uad plugs huh? best time to gettem.

this what i use on my master

studer
api2500
fatso sr
chandler eq
chandler limiter
precision limiter

why i have the chandler before the precision? it just works for me.

i’ve never used a multiband compressor on the master. if you’re using it to correct something its better to address at the mix stage. if theres an emulation of a multiband comp that adds some other characteristic that helps then thats a different story. but i personally havent come across one.

i got the maximizer a long time ago but didnt get much use out of it. you could use the max and limiter but you’ll probably want to make sure the maximizer isnt pushed very hard. that goes for most everything on the master. if you feel like you need to push plugs too much on the master, there are issues with the mix.

hope that helps

by the way, how is the beats sales? you must have gotten a lot of criticism for the pricing. i say get it however you get it nahmean? more power to you bruh.

ableton EQ - mid side - to remove any low bass frequencies from the sides. also cutoff under 35 hz
izotope ozone 8 - EQ & stereo imaging - to remove more low bass / accentuate any higher frequencies / dynamic EQing
OTT - 1% mix to very slightly brighten things up
fabfilter pro-L - to boost the volume

im probably doing it wrong but this works OK for me :cool:

Back