Mastering with LANDR, Does it work?

banterross

Hi Future Producers Family!

My engineer did not master my song, so I uploaded my mixed bounce of my song, "Sloppy Jerome", to LANDR and they mastered with 'High Intensity'... Please tell me what you think of LANDR's work on this track. Thanks

:)

LANDR is an "Instant Online Audio Mastering Software"

Last edited:
I've used it a few times because lets face it, who has the money to pay for professional masters when they're still trying to make money from their music? Not me!

I've had good results from LANDR. I think if you give it a good mix to work with, with minimal compression it can give you a decent sounding master.

It's never going to be as good as a person IMO, but if it's your only option why not use it for the time being?

Of course a human can still make better decisions than computers can.

well, that's it I guess...

Okey seriously now! LANDR is a nice piece of software capable of making decent masters. It was designed for bedroom producers that are not able to master on their own.

But LANDR expects a good mixdown from you to master. Even though it does more than driving up the loudness, LANDR expects that every element in the mix is decently mixed and has a nice balance with the rest of the elements.

You my find LANDR doing some EQ boosts or cuts or stereo separation but nothing more than that. It will not multiband excite the sub bass or dynamically compress the highs. This is where humans come into place.

Special things like that are not needed 95% of the time but if they are needed than a human will know when and how to do it.

So if you're after a basic master which sound good enough for soundcloud you can definitly use it. But if you want to take it next level, humans should be involved

I hoped this helped

BRHSM

I tried it a couple of times with an free account. The results depending extrem on your basic mix of your beat. You should not use any kind of limiter, compressors etc. at all in your mix for landr. I would say it is okay if you figure out the best sttings for your mix but it's never the same quality than a good classic mix&mastering.

LOL.... omg, I can't believe there are people that actually buy in to LANDR.. oh well.. best of luck with that.....

Back