Mastering FL Studio files in Pro Tools

younggunz

Ok,I Make my Beats on FL Studio,But my Produser Makes his on Pro Tools,I need Him to Master Down My Beats untill I Get Real Studio Speakers,Is there any Way I Can Load a FL Studio file in Pro Tools so he Can Mix them Down?

No, but you can run FL Studio as a vsti/dxi/rewire plug in and mix down like that, or export each instrument as a wav file and reload it in protools as multitrack audio.

This is the best way to send your files to your producer, since FL Studio is unable to create a Pro Tools file.

1. Make sure your all the sounds you want mixed down are on a FX channel and make sure your project is on "song" instead of "pattern."

pic1.jpg

2.Go to File>Export>Wave. Choose where you want the files to be located at. When the rendering screen comes up make sure that "Split Mixer Tracks" is on. This is located under the options tab.

pic2.jpg

3.Click start and when your project is finished rendering locate the files and they should all be mixed down individually.

pic3.jpg

I hope the pictures help.
P.S. Make sure you provide whoever is mxing your compositions with the BPM also. It makes life easier lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do, great post.

Question, do all ur tracks have to be on seperate FX channels or can they all be on the same one?

And how do you just rewire FL Studio into ProTools track by track? Isn't that a less tedious and HD space saving procedure? I've learned how to master automation in FL studio, but I figure knowing how to rewire might help for future reference, plus I have ProTools so I might like mastering in that program a lil better anyway...

You have to put each track in a seperate FX if not whatever tracks are in 1 effect slot will be exported together to the same wav, Rewire/Vsti/Dxi is an easier route. It's a way to seperate the tracks in Protools and run each track thru seperate audio channels, but i never got that deep into it. I just load up FL and run the whole beat thru 1 channel, you can bring back up the FL Studio screen and mix using the FL step sequencer. If you have an Rtas to Dxi/Vsti adapter these formats work also. I use this procedure when recording vocals to bring out instruments or add changes to the beat to give the track more variation. Honestly if you just want to master a beat, it's easiest to just use the master bus in FL.

Best way to do this in my opinion would be to track out your beat-- meaning, export each instrument/drum as its own wave file, and then load each individual one onto a track in Pro Tools. This gives you full control over the beat's elements in an easy way.

didnt realize that jerzhittaz said pretty much the same thing, and used visuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
JerzHittaz said:
1. Make sure your all the sounds you want mixed down are on a FX channel and make sure your project is on "song" instead of "pattern."

I totally agree with you. But it makes way more sense to create a pattern in fl where all of your all instruments are playing at one time and then, with the project in "pattern" mode export the wavs seperatly. This method lets you loop each instrument and then edit in Pro Tools after you record vocals. By each wav being shorter you will be saving hard drive space. I also found this method helpful becuase you can take instruments in and out by the clip. And also after you record you might want to change your patterns around to make the hook or verses sound better. Last but not least this enables whoever is spitting over the beat to write any amount of bars and still bring the "hook insruments" back in whenever you want. If you export in song mode your stuck with your Fl arrangements.
This is what it really means to "track" a beat. It is done by 4,8, or even 16 bar loops.
I think you all should consider this method. 1!!!!!

Last edited:
dfoster004 said:
JerzHittaz said:

I totally agree with you. But it makes way more sense to create a pattern in fl where all of your all instruments are playing at one time and then, with the project in "pattern" mode export the wavs seperatly. This method lets you loop each instrument and then edit in Pro Tools after you record vocals. By each wav being shorter you will be saving hard drive space. I also found this method helpful becuase you can take instruments in and out by the clip. And also after you record you might want to change your patterns around to make the hook or verses sound better. Last but not least this enables whoever is spitting over the beat to write any amount of bars and still bring the "hook insruments" back in whenever you want. If you export in song mode your stuck with your Fl arrangements.
This is what it really means to "track" a beat. It is done by 4,8, or even 16 bar loops.
I think you all should consider this method. 1!!!!!

Both ways are good, but second way is more flexible.

There's no right or wrong way, all of these work. I usually do Intro/Verse/Bridge(If there is one)/Chorus/Outro. If you give bpm to the engineer that's the easiest to work with, he can just cut and paste. It ends up being about 40-50 bars rather than a whole song which is 3 times as long.

Back