Mackie MR8 or Yamaha HS80M

D

dj static

Hey, I'm looking for some 8" monitors for the new studio. I had pretty much decided on the Yamaha HS80M and someone suggested some Mackie MR8s. Is there anyone that has done an A/B comparison with these monitors? I will be using them for mixing and for everyday beatmaking.

Thanks,
Static

I had pretty much decided on the Yamaha HS80M and someone suggested some Mackie MR8s.
If you are mixing without the sub I would go with the HS80Ms. I have a pair and they are definitely learnable and usable for good mixes.

mr8 are nice my dud and real nice for the price but if u looking for better mixes go for the HS80Ms cuz if ur mixes sounds good on those monitors dey sound good on any other monitors and in the outerworld!

I got the HS80s and luv them, kinda bright but I like it and know its there so...

i have the mr5s and they sound great to me and my mixes have really improve and carry enough bass with out a sub to so i can only imagine the mr8s will sound, i will get a set of those also one day soon

Both monitors will do, I also have the yamaha's. You have to learn any set of monitors expecialy if you dont have a treated room, so using the Yamaha NS10 for example the most bullsh!tiest monitors ever but people learned them and love them.

mr8 are nice my dud and real nice for the price but if u looking for better mixes go for the HS80Ms cuz if ur mixes sounds good on those monitors dey sound good on any other monitors and in the outerworld!

I second that. I a/b'd them and found the mr8's had a nicer sound. but the 80's were right under them. If you mix on the 80's the mix will sound even better on the mr8's. So I went with the 80's and never looked back. HS80's are the ****z.

The Mackie mr8mk2 is better than the Yamahas. I had the HS80s for 2years and went to Producer friends house. A well respected producer, and he had the mr8mk2. Even though I heard great monitors and used a pair, the Mackies stood out. They are thee best in this price range and 3 others above that. We have the pick of the litter the record label would pay for anything and we use the Mackie mr8mk2. Not only are they the most accurate and best sounding, they are the most powerful by far. A lot of respected producers, engineers, and DJs use the Mackies in their studios. I do, and I will put my client list against anybody. Mackies are better.

Back