Looking for a way to connect microphones to a pc

Michaeljones

me and my band want to start recording (nothing fancy, just for fun) some of our music. We have found a few mics for our our instruments and the singer. We are looking for a converter to get the sound of the mics into a computer. Software recommendations to record and mix are also welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get an xlr microphone and connect it to an audio interface that supports xlr inputs. Set your recording software to use your connected interface.

Last edited:
If the mic is being used for music production (vocals and raps) and not speech (like podcasts) then I highly recommend getting a quality audio interface. Your tracks will sound like records and you will save yourself a lot of time and frustration.

Kevin

How many mics do you need to record simultaneously & what's the budget like? And regarding DAW choice - have you used something before?

What you need is an audio interface. The question is, how much you would like to spend on that: The more inputs an interface has, the more expencive it is...

The more inputs an interface has, the more expencive it is...

There are high-end interfaces with just a few inputs, and there are low-end interfaces with a lot of them for cheap. Not really indicative of, well, anything - except of course if there are multiple versions of the same type of interface, then probably the one that has more i/o options is the more expensive one.

Back