Looking For Some One To Mix MixTape!

Lucion

That's what I sound like right now. Im looking for some one that knows how to mix well you can also leave me some of your opinion on how to improve my mix.I have a pretty nice and small fan base but its growing you can be in he credits if the mix sounds good.

Thanks

Most people aren't going to mix your track for free (EDIT: especially a whole mixtape!) Mixing takes time and money, just like making music does. As a musician I'm sure you understand how much work goes into making music, so why is it any different for mixing engineers?

If you click the link in my signature you can check out my services if you're looking for professional results.

Last edited:
yeah your right. But if any one is serious at there profession and want to practice and be creative and develop there skill then they would want to practice on some underground mix-tapes before they start charging people.
so if there is any underground mixers like me they want to work on there skills hit me up.
ps i only need dynamic mixing compression and eq on vocals thats all i can do the rest my self.

Thank you

Last edited:
ps i only need dynamic mixing compression and eq on vocals thats all i can do the rest my self.

Thank you

No offense, but I think you need to spend a bit more time learning about mixing and how it all works. To create a proper mix it needs to be done by one person so that all processing is applied in context - getting someone to Eq and compress your tracks and then attempting to do the rest yourself is a bad idea, because as soon as you apply any other processing this has a knock on effect and you'll likely need to adjust the EQ and compression at later stages.

For those of us that mix tracks for a living, asking for a full mixtape for free is very disrespectful towards our craft. It tells us that you put very little value on what it is that we do and that our time and experience is worthless to you.

I understand that you are creating a mixtape for no monetary profit however that was your decision and it would have zero effect on how the engineer performs his or hers job in doing your project. Meaning we mix with the same level of attention to detail on a mixtape as we would on a project for a major. Most engineers (including myself) give huge discounts to folks doing mixtapes, but for free? I don't think so.

My advice if all you need is learning to eq vocals and dynamic mixing, then learn that and do it yourself.

Anyway, I checked out some of your stuff, so I have a question. It looks like you have put out a mixtape already...so who mixed that one? You?

yeah i have mixed that myself. I all so mix for a couple of years now and I am considering to major in mixing

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

8 Tracks all 2 min - 2:30

yeah i have mixed that myself. I all so mix for a couple of years now and I am considering to major in mixing

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

8 Tracks all 2 min - 2:30

Okay....so that stuff sounds mixed better then this otis joint, so why not just mix it yourself man? I mean you did the mix last time...did you not like how it turned out? Are you stuck with mixing something?

Back