Looking for best D/A converters

Audiobomb

Hi,

Trying to get the best audio interface in terms of A/D conversion. As an "audiophile" accostumed to high-end DACs like Chord Hugo 2, etc, I would like to have similar sound quality when playing from my monitors or/and headphones.

I'm strugling between Arturia Audiofuse 8Pre (they say they use the latest and greatest A/D converters) and Antelope Discrete Sinergy Core that is said to use converters as good as seen on professional studios.

Do you have any experience with both interfaces that could enlighten me, please?

* please don't criticize the A/D conversion paranoia, I know what preamps are for.

Hi,

Trying to get the best audio interface in terms of A/D conversion. As an "audiophile" accostumed to high-end DACs like Chord Hugo 2, etc, I would like to have similar sound quality when playing from my monitors or/and headphones.

I'm strugling between Arturia Audiofuse 8Pre (they say they use the latest and greatest A/D converters) and Antelope Discrete Sinergy Core that is said to use converters as good as seen on professional studios.

Do you have any experience with both interfaces that could enlighten me, please?

* please don't criticize the A/D conversion paranoia, I know what preamps are for.

Well, just tested Audiofuse 8Pre and headphone amplifier sucks hard. Radio sound :S

Last edited:
I've heard numerous shootouts between converters and I've never heard any of them be bad enough to where the end user of music (the consumer) would know the difference. In 2020 I'd say you can make a great song on any interface. Most of the magic happen in production and mixing, not at the converters.

Hi,

The thread title says D/A converter... so which is it? D/A is sound going out, A/D for sound going in

I think the RME ADI-2 pro is supposed to be good. Also the Prism stuff. I use a Metric Halo ULN-2. The 3D upgrade for it improves the clock, though I've not installed it yet.

Back