Korg Triton and MPC 1000 Mixxing

YoungDecadeZ

I have a MPC 1k and a Triton Keyboard..and i can make beats fine.. But i dont really like the quality that comes out of the MPC and Triton.. I know it cant be the units ... because the professionals use the same thing... I want to get a professional sound using this.. The way i record my beats from the MPC and the triton is i use instrument cables into my mixer...Then record the sound directly using the MPC as my sequencer ... Is there some kind of Compression setting on the MPC ? or some setting on my Korg Triton (LE 61-key) i should be using ? because i just dotn have that professional feel ...(mind you i can get a professional feel out of fruityloops...but i like hardware better) .. Is there a different way i should be doing things ? is there another peice of equipment i need ? someone PLEASE HELP!

how are you recording that# 1. Do you have a decent sound card and good audio cables. Next how are you adding effects and mixign down your songs.

Im recording it to my mixer with monster instrument cables .. I have a VF-160 Fostex Digital Multitrack..and im recording directly..

hmm, I don't know muich about fostex recorders, but I use the old roland VS series or my yamaha AW series mixer. They both good good eq effects and dynamics that help you get a great sound. I use a MPC and alesis keyboard and I get that good punch outta them.

A professional sound doesnt come from owning expensive equipment. The pros have the sound they have from having an in depth knowledge of sound itself. Its all in the mix(including but not limiting to EQ, compression, layering, stereo effects)

Back