John Williams O Holy Night sound.

Remsleep20

I'm a guitarist and really into producing recently. I have a song that I recorded with a basic guitar and vocal track. When I listened to John Williams O Holy Night from the Home Alone soundtrack I was mesmerized. I thought how cool would it to be to kinda change my guitar track into a organ sound. I then remembered that EHX has a C9 pedal that could probably get pretty close to the organ in the movie.

Now my question is that I love my guitar track it is in perfect time and tune and would be a bit of a hassle to re-record. I would love to re-amp or just add the pedal. What would be the best way to go about doing this? My DAW is GarageBand and I have a Scarlett 2i2. I'm using my old MacBook Pro and will probably upgrade soon but that is for another thread. So how would I go about doing this? I'm thinking that I could just use the headphone jack and mute my other vocal track then let the pedal track my guitar line then re-record into GarageBand. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

For now this is a good start. I'm planning doing something with the vocal track to get a bigger sound but I'll get to that at another time after tracking the new organ guitar line.

Back