Jedi Mind Tricks - Vinnie Paz Vocal Effect

octoberishere

Anyone know how I can try to emulate the sound of Vinne Paz from Jedi Mind Tricks? I'm looking for plugins and effects that could help create the deep tone that he takes on a lot. I know a lot of it has to do with the performers own style and recording take, but is there anything that I could use to achieve a decent result? If you need an example check out their song Uncommon Valor (A Vietnam Story)

(its the first verse I think)
~cheers :cheers:

for the most part it is his voice. I've tracked and mixed for AOTP on a song. He gets very close to the mic, he was kissing the pop filter. The track I mixed had the basics pretty much. I just duplicated his vox 2 times and treated each different. On one of them I had no compression at all (other than the compressor I use to track)

effects; E.Q. Compression, Reverb, Parallel compression, and master bus compression that helps glue the audio together.

thanks protools, your insight is much appreciated.

I'll try to see how it sounds with some compression and reverb. I think I've done a good job equalizing atm.

I know it's a long shot being as this conversation was 9 years ago but could you tell me what mic Vinnie Paz uses if you know? Seeing as the sound pretty much begins with the mic i'd find that the crucial element. My voice is very similar but it's harsh on many mics I've tried. Or if anyone is passing by this and wants to tell me that's cool lol.

I know it's a long shot being as this conversation was 9 years ago but could you tell me what mic Vinnie Paz uses if you know? Seeing as the sound pretty much begins with the mic i'd find that the crucial element. My voice is very similar but it's harsh on many mics I've tried. Or if anyone is passing by this and wants to tell me that's cool lol.

Just shoot him a message on instagram... he's pretty active

Back