Is Izotope ozone worth the money for a entry level final mastering tool

StoneTrooper

Music Producer
Is Izotope ozone worth the money for a entry level final mastering tool. Any other eq/mastering vst's you think beats it for the price?. ... edit update I went ahead and got it. So far pretty cool. My overall song sounds a lot better just by using it on the master track alone. its hungry for cpu as well.

Last edited:
If you need Ozone to make your song sound better, you have missed the most important steps of making a song.

Last edited:
It's not completely necessary but it makes the mastering stage look a little more fun and intuitive and I can't deny some of the setting and tweaks that's in it are really cool to experiment though. If money is an issue though I'd say there are better places to spend on that budget.

i got it and barely use it. I'm on FL studio though and I make beats the mastering is usually when the voice are laid out on the beat so I let the engineer do that, but I have seen him pull up Ozone its a great plugin. There's definitely cheaper alternatives that work just as well.

I have it and use it in almost every song, but i don't use it to necessarily make my beats better. I use it to put emphasis on tracks that aren't as strong and dominant in the mix.

Ozone 5 is great for both entry-level and advanced mastering.

If you don't know what you're doing and you're just mindlessly applying presets
(without having an understanding of what's going on behind the scenes),
you're going to get fairly mediocre-to-poor results.
By contrast, the presets are great if you understand what they're doing and
you use them as time-saving features.

From there, just like with every other music production tool,
your results will correlate with your skill and experience with the tool.

I like the overall iZotope worflow -- I use a lot of Ozone and Alloy.
In fact,
I just recently bought the upgrade to Ozone Advanced recently after sitting on the
fence for about a year over whether it was worth the money.
The Standard version is good enough to make you wonder
whether the Advanced version justifies the extra price.

If you do end up picking it up, I suggest investing the time and money
in the Groove3 video series covering Ozone. You'll get a lot of bang out
of your buck by learning how each module works from the bottom-up.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
any daw is capable of mastering as long as they have a multi-compressor and nice eqs and a good limiter youll be good fam

Back