Izotope 5 am i mastering right?

Brownz

Hey guys, im just wondering if im Mastering right or if im doing too much.

I have izotope 5 on my Master bus -12.8 Threshold, Margin at -0.3 and i dont let the excess -db red metre thing go over 7 (the excess -db's that dont go through the limiter i dont no what the name is for it), Fast and Loud 1.5 and 0.0 transient recovery

I also have a Blood Overdrive (Default setting, no colour) on my Master

And lastly i have a Soft Clipper on my Master (Threshold at 10 o'Clock)

I don't no if this is too much on a master bus i am going for loudness and clarity as much as possible thoe.

No way to tell without hearing it. If there was some single setting that worked for everything, there wouldn't be a need to have any controls on those plugins...

No way to tell without hearing it. If there was some single setting that worked for everything, there wouldn't be a need to have any controls on those plugins...

(All of these have izotope 5 on the master) but i dont no if the blood overdrive is making the beat too distorted:

This is with fruity blood overdrive & izo 5:

This is with fruity soft clipper & izo 5:

This is with a fruity limiter & izo 5:

Last edited:
The studio I work at uses Izotope. It is a little confusing at first but if you take the time out to learn it you can get great sounds. Its almost full proof. The preset we use is the the eq section "warm and exciting" try that one

sounds like your using fl. your question isn't really a question though. if it sounds right it sounds right just make sure you dont clip..peace
youtube has good tutorials for ozone

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

the blooddrive goes aloonnng way so use it sparingly unless your goin for a clipped sound

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

the blooddrive goes aloonnng way so use it sparingly unless your goin for a clipped sound

Sup bros sorry about the wait i just realized im not subscribed to the threads iv made i thought it automatically subscribes anyway its because of the overdrive that my tracks were sounding too distorted, i used to download FLP's and see that people put soft clippers and distortion on the master bus so i thought it was ok but not now so i jsut use izotope 5 on the master and call it a day to keep things clean

To be honest, I have no idea why anyone would ever want to add distortion to their master? That seems stupid to me.

Nothing wrong with distortion on the master as a concept, but in most cases it probably needs to be super subtle to work. But as always, depends on what you're doing.

I mean, don't get me wrong I love adding subtle distortion in places people don't expect .. vocals, drums, acoustic guitars ... but I don't know .. it just seems stupid to put it on your master.

It's not stupid to put distortion on the master bus. In fact, it's fairly common to use a tape saturation (which is a distortion) on the master bus than you think.

take everything off of your master. your track will be low, turn your speaker volume up until its loud enough. if it sounds STRONG, LOUD & SOLID, then add one limiter to bring the LEVEL of the audio up to match commercial music levels. If you turn your speaker volume up and it sounds LOUD but WEAK, THIN, or something of that sort then the problem is with your mix and no limiter/clipper/ozone will help you.

It's not stupid to put distortion on the master bus. In fact, it's fairly common to use a tape saturation (which is a distortion) on the master bus than you think.

That's true... I didn't think about that. All these new "analog plugins" that try to replicate the analog sound of the old days is technically distortion ... good lookin out.

so you bought your first guitar when u already knew how to use one ?

I'm not understanding your question. My response was toward the guy who said "there is no way the producer purchased the app when he doesn't know how to use it"

(something along those lines)

In response I'm saying plenty of people purchase things without understanding how to use them.

Last edited:
Back