ISOVOX 2 Vocal Booth: Anyone heard of this or own one?

SOTAMuzik1

I've been looking online for portable in-home vocal booths or at least cheap DIYs and reflection filters and stuff. I think they would be cool, but none of them really guarantee that it will block noise in an apartment where I have neighbors above me, below me, and one next to me (middle floor, end unit, thin walls).

So as I was searching through YouTube, I came across this video for the ISOVOX vocal booth, and they claim that it can effectively reduce sounds from ALL ANGLES so my neighbors won't be disturbed.

This is a product mainly sold in Sweden I guess but I put myself on the waiting list for a US release. It will potentially be a huge investment (799 Euros ~ $850 USD), but if it works as well as they claim, then I wouldn't mind going for it.

So, does anyone have this thing or know more about it, first hand?

Last edited:
"Reducing sound from all angles" doesn't really mean that it'll reduce the sound going out though - seeing that this particular thing is an enclosure-type deal probably means that it might muffle your screams and shouts a bit, but it's still not soundproofing. Which, unfortunately, is really hard to do in an apartment building. The point of these products is to simply reduce the reflections of your room picked up by the mic, not to reduce the volume of your performance.

edit// that said, not familiar with this product, so maybe it has some extraordinary qualities I'm not aware of. But physics are physics, and it's notable that nowhere on their website do they claim that it'd do anything like this.

Last edited:
Hahahaha, dafuq, in german forums we made jokes about constructions like that for years, 'cause newcomers, especially those doin' rap..., always want to put 'emself in some kind of 'vocal booth' in the size of a rabbit cage and evolutionarily something like that 'IsoVox' thing would be the next step and even more stupid. And now it has come true, fantastic! And the price! Ridiculous! :D

"Reducing sound from all angles" doesn't really mean that it'll reduce the sound going out though - seeing that this particular thing is an enclosure-type deal probably means that it might muffle your screams and shouts a bit, but it's still not soundproofing. Which, unfortunately, is really hard to do in an apartment building. The point of these products is to simply reduce the reflections of your room picked up by the mic, not to reduce the volume of your performance.

edit// that said, not familiar with this product, so maybe it has some extraordinary qualities I'm not aware of. But physics are physics, and it's notable that nowhere on their website do they claim that it'd do anything like this.

Yeah, I understand it doesn't necessarily BLOCK the sounds going out, I'm just a curious soul wanting to test it out for myself. And with that price, I'd be the type to buy it, record a mixtape or album on it, then return in 30 days. Haha

Mad Phonetics
Hahahaha, dafuq, in german forums we made jokes about constructions like that for years, 'cause newcomers, especially those doin' rap..., always want to put 'emself in some kind of 'vocal booth' in the size of a rabbit cage and evolutionarily something like that 'IsoVox' thing would be the next step and even more stupid. And now it has come true, fantastic! And the price! Ridiculous! :D

When you live in an apartment or somewhere you really can't avoid outside noise and/or disrupting others, HELL YEAH you'd want something! The reflection filters and shit they have now don't make a huge difference either. I'm not a fan of the price either. When the dude asked for the pricing, I was still guessing it would be around $300 or so. I just don't like to knock anything if I've never tried it.

Trust me, if I could use a studio I could. There's one at this rec center 30mins from me, but they have NO ONE running it, and they won't let anyone in that isn't trained to use the equipment. Plus with the rules they [the city] put upon it, you can't say anything seemingly offensive because a staff member HAS to be in there at all times when in use.

Last edited:
I agree with krushing in that it's not going to help not disturb your neighbors.

If you are in a noisy area the only thing I can think of is a good hyper-cardioid pattern microphone. This rejects (or rather, doesn't pick up) sounds from the sides of the microphone and mostly rejects sound from the rear. The added plus is that many of these have a high output which means you can do your vocal performance at a lower level and you can get closer to the microphone to capture more bass. A lot of instrument microphones have this kind of pattern.

I'd rather have a less-than-ideal recording that I can EQ to give back some life than a recording with background noise.

Back