instrumentals with the vocals

Skylare

Hi i was just wondering what the best way to put instrumentals with vocals? Like not sure which program i should use. i am trying to do some covers and i was using my phone to record them both together but finished product didn't end up so good. my vocals were good it just didn't get the instrumentals well. So i was thinking to record vocals by them self then put both together after...

Sorry if this is the wrong section

Okay a couple things: If you're recording vocals and instrumentals on your phone, they're bound to sound low quality, and unless that's what you're going for, you don't really want that. Try to invest in a good microphone if you're serious about this, I'd recommend an SM58, and depending on what instrument you're using, an interface to record on. If making music is what you really want to do, a DAW is invaluable. If not, Audacity works ok. It has a lot of plug-ins and you can arrange multiple tracks together. Hope this helps! :) Best wishes

Yeah get yourself a DAW or a multitracker and if you doing vocals, you gonna need a decent mic preamp. Any mic will do but without a proper preamp, your vocals will always sound bottom barrel.

Back