I'm going to record a video of me playing and i'm not sure how to.

Michaeljones

A friend of mine is a filmmaker and offered to record a video of me playing in his attic which has a beautiful view. It's going to be only me playing guitar and singing.
My gear: i'm using scarlett solo, so only 2 inputs. I have the scarlett solo condensed mic, an AKG P170 and a SM57.
My first idea was to use the scarlett mic on input 1 to get my voice and the overall sound and plug my acoustic directly on input 2. I made some tests and the scarlett is taking a lot of noise from the streets and, of course, the guitar. I didn't like, so i changed my aproach: used the eletric guitar plugged on input 2 so it doesn't make that much noise on the mic and the P170 for my voice, which seems to be less sensitive to the outside noises than the scarlett.
Is there a better way? Cause I was thinking of mixing my voice and guitar separately. Maybe it's better to do all with one mic and the acoustic guitar? VidMate AnyDesk https://mobdro.onl/

Last edited:
Is it important that it's "live" - in other words, the video is recorded at the same time as the actual performance? I'd probably record the performance separately and then kind of "lip sync" for the video.

Back