I need some feedback on how my voice sounds

AdisaHipHop

What's up, everyone.

I am a very picky artist and am having trouble accepting how my voice sounds, so I wanted to post a sample of the track I'm working on right now and get some feedback on what you all think of my voice (is it tolerable, could you handle listening to it for more than one song, etc.). Keep in mind it's not mixed or anything yet, I'm just working on rough drafts and looking for some feedback/pointers right now.

Thanks a lot,
Peace

Attachments

• Licentia ROUGH..mp3
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
It's fine. I think with more practice and the right treatment it can sound very professional and no one will expect you to have ever had a thread like this.

I think rappers get a bit too caught up in finding their "Rapper voice." That's really just another way of saying "The closest I can get to sounding like my favorite rappers." They need to learn to be comfortable with their voice, and own it.

What I think more rappers need to do is read their lyrics and then just talk them into the mic. See how that sounds. See what inflections you use naturally in speech and what your usual vocal range is. Then when you rap, you will have a much more believable performance.

Last edited:
It's fine. I think with more practice and the right treatment it can sound very professional and no one will expect you to have ever had a thread like this.

I think rappers get a bit too caught up in finding their "Rapper voice." That's really just another way of saying "The closest I can get to sounding like my favorite rappers." They need to learn to be comfortable with their voice, and own it.

What I think more rappers need to do is read their lyrics and then just talk them into the mic. See how that sounds. See what inflections you use naturally in speech and what your usual vocal range is. Then when you rap, you will have a much more believable performance.

Good point. I think that that's very true. Appreciate your feedback!

It sounds good man. I've always believed that every vocalist has their own particular style. Sounds like you've found it.

Back