Thread: I need some feedback on how my voice sounds

Thanks

I need some feedback on how my voice sounds

Sign in to disable this ad
    What's up, everyone.

I am a very picky artist and am having trouble accepting how my voice sounds, so I wanted to post a sample of the track I'm working on right now and get some feedback on what you all think of my voice (is it tolerable, could you handle listening to it for more than one song, etc.). Keep in mind it's not mixed or anything yet, I'm just working on rough drafts and looking for some feedback/pointers right now.

Thanks a lot,
    Peace
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    It sounds good and its definitely tolerable, after mixing it will sound even better

Thanks
    It's fine. I think with more practice and the right treatment it can sound very professional and no one will expect you to have ever had a thread like this.

I think rappers get a bit too caught up in finding their "Rapper voice." That's really just another way of saying "The closest I can get to sounding like my favorite rappers." They need to learn to be comfortable with their voice, and own it.

What I think more rappers need to do is read their lyrics and then just talk them into the mic. See how that sounds. See what inflections you use naturally in speech and what your usual vocal range is. Then when you rap, you will have a much more believable performance.
    Last edited by crimsonhawk47; 01-21-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks
    I like your voice. it has like a nostalgic hip hop feel to it
    Twitter: UnPoPuLaRGrInD
    Instagram: imsobeanie

Thanks
    So good. Actually sounds pro-level already to me.

Thanks
    Voice tolerable. Just make sure you get it mixed by someone with skills.
    "Master of the mouth, music, microphone mechanics; gifted wit prolific spit, my larynx do damage"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhawk47 View Post
    It's fine. I think with more practice and the right treatment it can sound very professional and no one will expect you to have ever had a thread like this.

I think rappers get a bit too caught up in finding their "Rapper voice." That's really just another way of saying "The closest I can get to sounding like my favorite rappers." They need to learn to be comfortable with their voice, and own it.

What I think more rappers need to do is read their lyrics and then just talk them into the mic. See how that sounds. See what inflections you use naturally in speech and what your usual vocal range is. Then when you rap, you will have a much more believable performance.

Good point. I think that that's very true. Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks
    I am the same way with my voice well i was now i am use to it i look at it as i sound different

Thanks
    It sounds good man. I've always believed that every vocalist has their own particular style. Sounds like you've found it.
    [FONT=arial][I]It's all about the journey...[url]http://www.jceej.com/[/url]

[/I][/FONT]

Thread Information