I have a budget of a $1000 - Which Monitors should I get?

BTMM

Born To Make Music
Although I have a budget of a grand, what monitors should I get to make PROPER EDM Music. I heard Rokits are great by H7s and H8s are on a whole another level.

What should I get?

May you'll go for the Presonus Eris E66. They are going down to 40 Hz and the reviews I read are good. Or you can check out the new Dynaudio LYD series.

Man don't forget about a sound interface and a good set of headphones. No matter how good the monitors it's always a good idea to check your mixes on a pair of headphones.

Rokits are very popular in the entry-level range.

Other companies have better reputations for high end monitors.

At this price you should also definitely at least consider some basic room treatment- I brought some 7 inch monitors with nice clear sub but the whole sub range is now really really uneven because my room is untreated.
Still better than not being able to hear the sub though

Last edited:
Thx for the replies guys - One thing I forgot to mention was my room is very small 300 sqft (Or smaller). I heard if I get 8" speakers - It would be too much. Size wise and my budget I guess, what would you recommend? The kind of music I make is EDM btw. Thx!

Last edited:
In this case you should definitely fix your room accoustics. If you're working on EDM music you should be able to hear the deep frequencies, too. So you'll need big speakers or a subwoofer. Another way would be good headphones to compare and check deep frequencies. Because fixing your room will be another $1000 and even more!

I have a set of HS8's in a 12X12 room(untreated). It is a block room with stucco inside and out. Great as a sound barrier on the outside but sound hell inside lol. I can generally get the top end mixed great, but the low's are a different story. I usually have to walk to the back of the room, in the corner and hear/feel the bass there. That will be amplified double too. Its a pain in the a$$ but its also a rental. To make matters worse, I will be adding a HS8s.

If you don't have speaker stands I would suggest to just make them yourself. I was able to make a pair with all materials for less than about $20.

Here's the tutorial I found and exact stands I made: https://youtu.be/KwROlDMjcwc

They've been sturdy as heck for about 3 years so far and look nice too. Really easy to make

Last edited:
I'd suggest going to a music gear store and trying the speakers out and chosing the ones you like the most, that's what I did - and boy I really made the best purchase I've ever done for myself!

UPDATE: Thx for the info guys. I settled on the Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitors. Focals were my second choice but Neumann's were super clear and just the right amount of Bass (More then Focals). I tested the H5s (Yamaha), Rokits but Rokits just sucked and H5s had NO BASS literally. Neuman''s are awesome because they are small as the H5s and man the sound is DOPE! Super low frequency. :) I can finally make professional music :)

Last edited:
Back