how to tracka beat on protools

B

bubbazeek

i have an mpc and triton, how do i track my beats with an mbox. it does not have a midi input so how do i sync it. do i need a soundcard???

The Mbox is a sound card. If you wanna track your beats you'll need a midi interface like the maudio uno. If the mpc is your master you set it to midi sync out using MTC (shift 9) at a frame rate of 30. You have make sure the uno is the sycing device in pro tools under peripherals, arm it on the transport (when you press record on the lower left hand of the screen should say "waiting for midi") remember you can only go one track at a time (2 if you hard pan two sounds)

thank u i havent tried it yet but i'll holla if i got some problems when i get dat midi interface

i just got the uno and i cant make pro tools record. it syncs and plays da mpc when i press play it just doesn't record. i wanna reconnect it can u walk me through pase

OK....
On the MPC go to the sync menu (shift 9 on the XL) Go to sync out (either a or b depending on which out you have the uno plugged into) Change the mode to "midi time code" and torn the MMC on.

In pro tools go to set up> peripherals. Make sure you have it set to generic MTC reader and that its set to recieve from the uno (I'm not in front of my PT box but everything is in there) Now on the transport click on the midi button at the top left. Now in pro tools when you press record you should see "waiting for midi" in the lower left corner. When you press play on the mpc pro tools will start to record.

its been a while but i just got my computer back. i have a problem, o.k. when i press the sync button it says "waiting for sync" but when i press play on the mpc it doesn't record it just says "cueing machine". it plays but doesn't record. the sync, stop,play, and record button will light up at the same time and it doesn't record though. i thought i fixed it when i just press record and and press play on the mpc without pressing the sync button. it recorded but it was off beat. i have my triton slaved to the mpc so i put the audio cables in both outputs of the triton to record the melody. the melody stayed on beat. but when i put the cables in to record the drum pattern off of the mpc it was off. the mpc stayed on beat with the mpc and the triton stayed on beat with the triton but they where off from each other. can u help me please??!!!

i got da m audio dat aint da question it just aint syncin right

Back