How to set up krk rokit 6 monitors/speakers?

DAHTrump

DAH Trump
Hey i know this is the wrong forum but I thought someone here could help me. Anyone knows how to set up KRK Rokit 6 Monitors? I looked all over (even on google) and couldn't find help. Are there certain cables you should have? any diagrams? please help and post links if you can! thanks!

1. Get the right cables (XLR male to male whatever your interface uses)
2. Plug in the monitors
3. Press the on button
4. Adjust settings if there are any

There's really nothing more to this, unless you mean monitor position (which I won't get into).

Audio interface choice depends on what you need (how many inputs & outputs? MIDI? digital i/o?), budget, the works. Cables - well, you buy the ones that fit in both ends :) I don't think it's very important to spend a fortune on them, especially if they're gonna be in a home studio environment and not moved around constantly.

I just bought a Kontrol Audio 6, and use KRKs, absolutely love em. However, I haven't used anything else aside from KRKs as monitors.

Can it be used for a mac? and thanks for the answers

Edit: Who are you actually talking to / asking lol?

Can what be used for a mac? The KRK monitors?

If that's the question, then yes you can use KRK monitors with your mac, but you need an interface or a converter cause the KRKs use XLRs (I'm too lazy to double check if you can use RCA's for them, cause they're in my studio and i'm in my room). I'd suggest if you're going to be producing music anyway you may as well pick up an interface and KRKs together. I had my Kontrol S4 (MIDI DJ Controller) before I picked up my KRKs, so I used the inbuilt sound card in that to play through my monitors.

Last edited:
If that's the question, then yes you can use KRK monitors with your mac, but you need an interface or a converter cause the KRKs use XLRs (I'm too lazy to double check if you can use RCA's for them, cause they're in my studio and i'm in my room).

Well you don't absolutely *need* either - you can always just take an adapter cable (unless if that's what you meant by "converter"). The KRKs seem to have unbalanced RCAs and balanced TRS & XLR connections.

Well you don't absolutely *need* either - you can always just take an adapter cable (unless if that's what you meant by "converter"). The KRKs seem to have unbalanced RCAs and balanced TRS & XLR connections.

Exactly what I meant, sorry just super tired.

Back