How is my leveling and mixing overall?

The People

https://soundcloud.com/the_people_original/kimbra-settle-down-the-people-remix/s-llOvR

This is my first remix and I feel I got the vocals pretty well mixed with the song.  Unfortunately there are instruments in the original sample that I can't take out without losing some of the vocal quality.  Does anyone have any suggestions for that sort of issue?  Also if you listen and see anything else you think needs to be fixed let me know.  I spend a pretty decent amount of time with leveling and I hope I'm getting a good grasp of it! There are not many producers in my area so it would be nice to have some other producers giving feedback!

Last edited:
hey dude, thanks for the feedback on mine. I gotta say im loving this track, its has a really nice flow and you seem to have everything sitting nicely in the mix. I honestly think you have a winner here. If i was to be pick something the noisy area around 2:37 is a bit messy but that drop at 1:10 is awesome :)

Thank you man haha I appreciate the feedback! Yeah there were small parts of the song (specifically around that 2:37 part) that I couldn't take all of the drums out of haha.

Big fan of the remix, especially the part around 1:10!

If possible, try high pass filtering the reverb on the vocals around 500 hz because reverb can muddy up a mix real fast if it's not harnessed in.

Awesome job though!

Back