How To Master A Song To Professional Quality

Your master channel needs nothing but a parametric eq and thats only for 20 hz and 1600hz cuts. Everything else is OPTIONAL, if you want a professional sound. Getting your levels right and EQ is all in need in hip hop/trap production.
Wow. what an advice!
What about 23 Hz and 1751 Hz?
Which Q factor?
Which gain reduction?
Seriously, audio (hip-hop, rock, disco, opera...) is much more subtle than plain numbers thrown in a vague context.

Last edited:
Sorry dickhead. To be more vague how about eq on the master to cut SUPER LOW and SUPER HIGH frequencies. Everyone has to be smart ass now a days. You can make quality music with no stereo enhancers, compression, reverb, soudgoodizer etc on the master bus. Only thing on my master bus is a parametric eq and i think my mixes are at least decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry dickhead. To be more vague how about eq on the master to cut SUPER LOW and SUPER HIGH frequencies. Everyone has to be smart ass now a days. You can make quality music with no stereo enhancers, compression, reverb, soudgoodizer etc on the master bus. Only thing on my master bus is a parametric eq and i think my mixes are at least decent.
Sure, 1600 Hz is a SUPER HIGH frequencies, I'm a dickhead, and you're a smart ass...

1600hz is the fundamental pitch of G[sub]5[/sub] more or less: this note is the note on the fourth leger line above the treble clef - not somewhere we might play often, but there are still two octaves of notes above that on the piano keyboard - so cutting your freqs at 1600Hz is pretty dumb - maybe just maybe you might cut at 4200Hz, but even then you are knocking out a lot of high freq energy that provides directional cues as well timbral (sound type/quality) information

(for fl users that G[sub]5[/sub] would be g[sub]7[/sub], because middle C = MIDI note number 60 = C[sub]3[/sub] in most daws = C[sub]5[/sub] in FL and BiaB)

Geez people this is obviously a pisstake!!!! Funny I must admit but there is no reason to get too worked up about it.
To anyone who seriously thinks this is for real..... go and do some homework!

Back