How Many Vocal layers should i do??

Slimdrizzy28

I am using logic pro x

How many vocal layers should i usually do for chorus and verse for a good professional sound.

I am sending my project to my engineer.

Sometimes when my engineer sends me back my mixed and mastered song, I hate my voice.

Any tips??

thank you

Your question is a little vague/open-ended. what do you mean by "how many?" And in what scenario? Are you talking about-- chorused vocals (thickened), overdubbed ad-libs, sung melody lines, harmonies or back-ups, hype vocals, or different takes so you can comp together one solid vocal track? All of these will have different answers.

If you are just talking generally about harmonies or vocal thickening, I would say (not at all sarcastically; for real)-- "Until it sounds good to you."

GJ

This really depends on what you are the music needs. What genre of music are you producing? To be honest, there is really no right or wrong answer to your question. It is a matter of taste.

It really depends for the vibe you're going for.

For example, Drake mostly uses 1 vocal track because it's more intimate and you can hear the emotion in his voice more. Another example would be Kanye using 1 vocal track on Yeezus to have his voice loud and in your ear but crisp and clear. On the other hand, Kodak Black uses like 3 or 4 (maybe even more) on some of his tracks because it gives his voice a lot of depth and in my opinion makes his voice the focal part of the track.

Back