How to make my voice actually sound like part of a song? Add autotune-like effect ?

basedcassi

I hop around between FL Studio and Ableton Live.

Check by S U P R E M E B E A T S | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Already, I'm likely going to re record some parts since they sound kind of off (+ a couple of clicks I hear), but my main concern is my voice doesn't sound like part of the song. It's hard to describe but when I hear it it literally just sounds like me singing over a track.

I warped some vocals, added a compressor & a bit of auto tune & left it at that bc after switching around filters so much I wasn't getting the end result I wanted. How can I actually mix it into the track & give it that auto tune, T Pain effect I want (specifically towards the chorus? Kind of like how the last 20 seconds of the track sounds but more enhanced)

My goal was to make a whole mixtape but already this sounds pretty bad imo & I'm not releasing anything that sounds as it does now.

Any videos/tutorials/resources are widely appreciated.

Last edited:
Aye this sounds really really good soo far. First thing i would make sure the retune speed is not too fast, and double check that you got your scale right. Once you got that down, your gonna have to re record a lot with auto tune i find, just go slow won't take forever but a few takes. Good job on adding the compressor, im not sure about amp but maybe turn your levels up so your voice is a bit louder. Next when you say you want it to be part of the song, usually a delay will get that effect. Add a ping pong delay and set the time to 1/4 or 4 depending on the vst and and slowly bring the dry / wet in until your satisfied with what your hearing. If you want to enhance the chorus more, i would duplicate another 2 tracks and re record you singing the chorus so you have 3 tracks of you singing the chorus. Then pan 1 of those 35 Right and 1 other one 35 Left to give your voice a thicker more powerful execution. Hope i could help!

Back