How to get extreme width and max loudness!!!!!

ohmenofficial

Alright so I just thought I thought I would share my discovery because I've never seen anybody on here give a legit way to move your sound across the stereo field so you have more headroom and can get that maximum loudness that everyone is looking for. So I use ableton for my arranging and everything but I'm switching to Logic Pro x soon, so this will the the tutorial for ableton, and I'm sure it can be just as easily applied to other daws, it does require ozone 5 advanced as well. So what you do is group together everything that you want to make very wide in your mix, I typically do everything but my kick snare and sub bass track because the human brain has a hard time detecting sub bass frequencies if they aren't in the middle of your track and also once you add the width to the other tracks the amount of headroom you will have I crank up your 30-100 hz is unbelievable, and the drums a pretty easy to mix with sub bass. Anyway once you have the tracks grouped create a return track with the ozone 5 imager and a limiter and send the group track through it. In the imager turn on stereoize and leave the delay setting at 7.0 and then go up to the crossover and make sure that band 1 and 2 crossover at 250hz then turn bands 2, 3, and 4 up to 100 (you can adjust them as you need to in your final mix) You will notice this is way too loud and you still have a mono channel in the mix, so turn down the group track about 20db and then use the limiter on the return track to boost the side channel signal coming from it and then you you have some extreme width and a mix that is very easy to work with and that your are able to crush with a limiter and still have it sound pretty dynamic!!!! I wish I could put up a b2b example but the song I discovered it on is still a wip just try this out and see for yourself! Lemme know how it goes!
Peace,
Ohmen

I would like to hear some audio results. Please,please post some tracks processed this way !!!

You will assuredly get the auditory equivalent of how this post reads.

:berzerk: @OP - Good to hear you're experimenting with sound and finding out what you like. This wouldn't be my sort of thing but if it works for you then I'm all for it :)

Back