How do you record vocals without recording over the beat/track?

DJKoolaid

Im trying to record some vocals but when I record and play back I hear the beat. Im trying to record the vocals by its self then go back edited the vocals and then mix the beat behind it! Is there a way to do this? please let me know links,video,tutorials ill accept it plz

iz this koolaid frum horizon?!?!
and 2 help you out wen u record r u usin headphones or is the beat playin somehwere in the background?
i use headphones and make sure theyre not loud enough 4 the mic 2 pick up..den all i have on dat track iz my vocals

You need to be using a multitrack system. Create a second track for your vocal recording. Arm it, record your vocals to it. Then you can solo it if you want to hear it on it's own or just mix while hearing the beat (better idea). If you record so that the beat is heard through your microphone, can't help you there. Retrack, I'd think.

What are you using to record?
Are you already using heaphones, but still getting interference?
What type mic are you using and how is your room set up you're recording in?

iz this koolaid frum horizon?!?!
and 2 help you out wen u record r u usin headphones or is the beat playin somehwere in the background?
i use headphones and make sure theyre not loud enough 4 the mic 2 pick up..den all i have on dat track iz my vocals

Yea its me homie lol I mean what do you use to record with and and when you record is ya beat playing off the same computer as you recording on. . .I think its the program im using not sure tho?

Damn...it's basics for this dude.

What software are u using to record?

ON acid you need to insert the beat in one track...then arm the track BELOW it for recording and record on that track. If you dont see a track below it you will have to insert a track. This will make the beat and vocals on different tracks so that you can edit the vocals only. This whole process is known as recording on a MULTI track system, and yes pro tools and Acid are both multi track systems

ON acid you need to insert the beat in one track...then arm the track BELOW it for recording and record on that track. If you dont see a track below it you will have to insert a track. This will make the beat and vocals on different tracks so that you can edit the vocals only. This whole process is known as recording on a MULTI track system, and yes pro tools and Acid are both multi track systems

When you use acid are you using any audio interface when you record or just a regular sound card? And are there any setting I need make before I record the way you described

Thx

well damn! small world
but yea jus have multiple tracks..1 with the beat on it and the other blank to be recorded on wit your vocals

When you use acid are you using any audio interface when you record or just a regular sound card? And are there any setting I need make before I record the way you described

Thx

regular sound card. The only thing you need to check is that your mic is hooked up and configurd on the program properly as the input, and your speakers are the output.

regular sound card. The only thing you need to check is that your mic is hooked up and configurd on the program properly as the input, and your speakers are the output.

I figured out what my problems was I had some settings and cords mixed up thanks for everyone's response

DJKoolaid-

Back