How do you mix your vocals/ what equipment and effects?

West One

Ok so the other day I was working on a song.
Realized my voice is very bass heavy and sseems to muddy
Other crucial instruments, I eq shit but I feel it takes away the
Natural sound of my voice. Not exactly sure what I'm trying
to say any one have the same issue?, how do you do what u do?.

I guess the more important thing is how (and with what equipment) you're recording it - the base sound should be 90% there without any processing; excessive EQing isn't gonna turn shit into gold.

It could also have to do with vocal technique. I thought my voice was so nasally I would never be able to sing my shit but I learned to do a couple of things differently and now it's more manageable. Check out some recordings of vocalists that you think sound similar and try to find out what type/model of mic they used. If it's really bass-heavy, though, you might be too close to the mic or may need to use a hi-pass filter if your mic has one.

The heavy bass to your voice can also be from your mic placement and what mic you're using. If you're using an SM58 the closer you get the more bass you will get in the recording. If you have a condensor or ribbon mic try and mic it upside down and above your mouth, this will give you less of a chesty boom and more of a nasally quality.

Hope that helps..

Just started using pro tools but I came from sonar I absolute love the sonitus plugins...I surely started off with some corrective eq...compression..eq again for tonal and de ess...throw a little reverb and delay here and there and another compression if it needs to stick out more...

Back