How do i fix vocals on FL studio. some vocals are too low, and some are too loud.

Bread

today i tried recording this songs, and i had to do some punch ins, it was sucessful, but what happens is that some vocals are are way louder than the previous ones. for example on my first verse, i had to one punch in, and it came out way louder than the previous vocal track before, and you can notice the difference alot. how can i fix this?

what is this problem called?

The problem is called not being consistently loud. :O The solution would be krushing's reply, and the method used to achieve one of them would be OGJohnnyMAC's.

Last edited:
Usually, compression helps with lowering the loud parts and boosting the softer parts volume wise. I would say it's better to try and use compression only, and if that isn't enough, use volume automation.
Volume automation is trickier and more of a pain. Also, make sure EQing is as good as you can get it. That's my way of working and it works the way I like it. Try it out.

I would say it's better to try and use compression only, and if that isn't enough, use volume automation.
Volume automation is trickier and more of a pain.

I usually do it the exact opposite way...automation first - which is more work, yes, but it's usually not that bad when you know your tools well. Then I smooth it out a bit with as little compression as possible.

Back