Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can i make my drums knock harder?!!! Similar to cardiak's and tha bizness's drums

Thanks

How can i make my drums knock harder?!!! Similar to cardiak's and tha bizness's drums

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guys I'm an aspiring producer from Jersey and I been making beats for about 3 years now and I've come to relize i've never been satisfied with the sound of my drums. I want my drums to knock harder and have an impact similar to Cardiak (Producer: Start It Up) and Tha Bizness (Production Duo: Every Girl). Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Also if anyone has any tips on creating drum sounds from scratch or good ways to make your own drum sounds that would help too. Along with making my drums knock harder I'm trying to get better drum sounds because these kits aren't doing it for me. Thanks guys!!!! Help me out!!!

Thanks
    What do you use for gear? I make all my drums in my MPC. I usually layer anywhere from 4 to 8 drum sounds on top of eachother (like four snare sounds on one pad and 4 kick sounds on a different pad, etc). After I get close to getting the sounds I want, I bring a loop I create into it into Logic or Pro Tools. When doing this I have the snare on one track, the kick on another track and the hi hat on another track...that way you can mix each sound individually. After that I sum all the drum sounds through a bus and add some compression or limiting with a touch of corrective EQ. Thats one way to get them bangin!

Thanks
    i have fl studio 8 and i also have pro tools m powered 8....and i've always heard layering was a good technique but i was skeptical about it....do you know any good places for drum samples off hand?

Thanks
    Search the internet. I get drum samples from lots of different sources. You can download torrents, you can search through message boards like these and download kits that people post. you can sample drum hits from random vinyl, you can by sounds at places like guitar center and sam ash, you can download sounds from sound design websites, you can create your own sounds using various different methods, you can hit up people you know that might have they're own libraries...you can combine any and all of these sources as well!

Thanks
    yea i've been using torrents and free downloads for a while...what are your thoughts on sampling random thumps and bangs and equing htem to sound like kicks i've seen videos where ppl do that....thats a method to make drum sounds

Thanks
    You have to have a good source(drum sample) to start with. Do you?

Thanks
    if you use FL Studio you could try my drumpresets for Kick/Snare/Hi-Hat/Percussion.

But layering 4 Kicks will sound distorted. I only use 1 or 2 Kicks max.
    -

Thanks
    first of all, you need to start with some quality samples! very important thing! if you work with decent samples, you don't need to layer much! just choose yours sounds wise!
    the other thing is mixing your drums right: Volume, Panning, EQing, Compression, Saturation. learn these tools right and compare your stuff with commercial mixes... don't get frustrated, its takes a bit patience first!
    Producer | R&B, Hip-Hop, Neo-Soul | www.aaronmarvin.com | facebook |

Thanks
    Layering Samples. FINDING or CREATING Good samples works as well. Stack 3-4 diff kick sounds. 1 w/ a pop. low end, tiny, kick w/ tamb. etc EQ, Compress accordingly. Also try parallel compression (Eq differently)
    Record Producer, DJ & Mixing Engineer |www.TrillTrax.com
    Tallahassee, FL

Thanks
    zSHARE - Drums.mp3

Here's what my drums sound like.
    But somehow my Kick gets distorted if i layer it with an other Kick.
    Its cause of my Compression i use.
    -

Thread Information