Help with track L/R balance issue

marcorossi

Hi,

I am having a strange issue im hoping someone could shed some light on.

I will have a track, lets say its the high hats and it looks to have an even L/R balance, then after I put a few inserts on the channel such as the fabfilter eq and ozone tape machine it will be slightly off balance (0.5db Left or right). I will correct this issue by using the channel pan i don't feel this is the proper way of doing things as it won't be perfect. The bigger issue occurs when i have a few different hats all going into my hat bus as it seems to amplify.

Does anyone know of a reason an insert such as eq or saturation would mess with the L/R balance of the track?

More importantly does anyone know of a good technique or free plugin to correct these balance issues properly rather than using the pan knob?

BTW my DAW is Logic and the the tracks in question are audio tracks not midi/drum machine.

Load up a gain utility plug in and hit that mono button. From there, you can double the track, pan them to opposite sides, and then sample delay one of the tracks/sides to give it a faux stereo image (Haas effect). You could then bounce those two tracks into one to free up the clutter in you arrange window (Or track stack it)...

Back