Help! Recording latency!

RickyBizee

Ok guys, I'm having a latency issue with my mic as far as recording vocals, I'm using Flstudio 9, everything is set up with way it's suppose to. I'm using my mic as the input, and output is my inboard soundcard, :( I know I know. Anyway it works, however when monitoring through the headphones there's a delay, and that throws off
the artist. Anyway what would be the cheapest fix for this right now, I know I don't have the best gear so I need a cheap fix because I need it working right by this Sunday. I'm using asio drivers my mic has asio my soundcard does not. I've already tried changing buffer size in settings if I go too low it just sounds horribly distorted. Anyway here's my setup

mic- M- audio producer (USB mic) :(
sound card - onboard, double :( :(
Software - flstudio 9

Try muting the vocal track while recording so the artist can't hear themself, but remove one side on their head phones so they can monitor thier vocals like that. Just a temporary fix though.

I'm not sure if there's a way to shrink the buffer size through Fruity Loops and the soundcard you're using.. but that's the solution... turn the I/O buffer size down as much as possible while recording and then back up for playback.

The muting of vocals while the artist records works pretty well too.. they'll just have to be a confident performer.

And get a better soundcard if you're looking for a long-term solution... something like an MBox or Tascam US-122 is the perfect solution for professional home recording... the Tascam you can find for $150 or so as well.

Well, following DiRtY I, you would choose "Options->Audio Settings". Then you would make sure your ASIO driver is selected as the device to use. Lastly, click the "Show Control Panel" button to adjust the buffer size. However, this solution will probably not provide the best results (possibly worse). Since you're using a stock soundcard you'll be using the ASIO4ALL driver, which I've found to be complete s**t. xD

Back