Help! Pro Tools volume low

Doc Da Suess

8 Years Experience
When i bounce my tracks in protools, they sound so quiet? But in the daw they are loud. (Ik about the monitor mix and headphone jack controls which have to be almost turned up all the way for me to hear my input ...
I tried recording at a higher volume but this only makes my song clip?

What can i do?

I'm talking about just mixing down a beat. I recorded my beats from my mpc into pro tools.... they sound so weak tho after i bounce them ? Is that still requiring mastering?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

ill record my beat into protools just fine and itll sound real nice when played in the Daw but then I bounce it and it sounds weak faint and like its coming from tiny ass computer speakers?

I had the same problem wayy back. I emailed digidesign tech support and they gave me the solution:

Increase the fader levels for all your tracks going to the mater output.

Increase the fader levels for all your tracks going to the mater output.

This is misleading info. It's possible to clip protools channels. You want to mix everything, then click your "all" group and move all the faders up or down until you get -3db max at the master fader. Then apply buss compression, and limiter.

This is misleading info.

How is this misleading info? I asked DigiDesign the exact same question as the OP and they answered: "Increase the fader levels for all your tracks going to the mater output." And the issue was resolved.

His track volumes are probably well below unity; thats probably why he's having this problem.

Listen OP, for Pro Tools related questions, you can also go to duc.digidesign.com

Last edited:
I don't know many people stupid enough to have the faders too low and not know it. Turning up faders also do NOTHING for preceived loudness, which is what really matters in music. Not volume level.

Turning up the faders going to the master output will impact how loud the bounce will be. Just saying. And every song will still need mastering.

Last edited:
Turning up the faders going to the master output will impact how loud the bounce will be. Just saying. And every song will still need mastering.

No it doesn't. It only affects playback volume which is relative. It has no bearing on RMS power which is what the human ear uses to determine how "loud" something is.

Back