Help me with my setup, please!

D

DJ:A

Hello-

Im currently running a PIII with software synths, samplers, and recording software with a regular analog sound card. This is going into a powered mixer (Yamaha EMX) which also runs two yamaha speakers for monitoring. I can either run the computer direct, or out from the yamaha into a korg D16 hard disk recorder, with an MS2000 running in analog (and hooked up to the computer via MIDI) and a ER-1 (soon to be an ES-1, also MIDI'd) keep in mind I can only have one midi device at a time, so its either the ms2000 or er-1, or synching them together to run into the D16.......

My question is this: am I maximizing my studio setup? It seems that I should be able to sequence drums from the Er-1 and record them into the D16, but cakewalk has not been agreeable with the drum machine......mabye im doing something wrong?

It seems that im not really maximizing the situation, im considering trading the D16 for a Digi 011 and getting some sort of mixer and midi interface instead...what do you think?

DJ:A

get the digi 001 and then u can run 128 midi tracks ????
and u can run 24 audio tracks
u can assign every midi instrament(ms2000 - es-1)to seperat midi channels and conntrol every thing in your studio at the same time ...
and runn audio from pt.
that is the best way ..
u can sequence everything thro midi then once u have the track done u can record every instrament into protools=pt....and mix ...

Back