Headphones

domco

Hi i would like to ask for help im looking for good headphones for music production
i read those are best under 50 Alesis SRP100 Studio Reference Headphones
but some people told me to buy Marshall Major but i dont see any different between Major II and Major III

thanks for help

They're no good headphones for music production under 50. Save longer, you won't regret it... And they'll hold more value.

Bose has some really good studio headphones, and so does Sennheiser.

If you shoot for 100$ instead of 50$ you could cop the Sennheiser HD280 Pro's, which are comfortable and have good flat response with no enhancements. I would personally save up about 150$ - 200$ and get a pair. The more you spend the longer they'll last and the more comfortable and wearable they'll be.

Check out Sweetwater and BuyDig

The most raved about by studio type people...

Beyredynamics DT 990 pro... These are open back so no good for recording vocals or Dj work, perfect for mixdown. There's the 880 & 770, differing in being semi and closed back, depending on your needs.

AKG 702's, same as above.

Senhieser 650's

I wouldn't touch anything with Bose wrote on it... They tend to be more HiFi than reference quality.

The best all rounder is the Audio Technica ATH-M50. Closed back, with swivel, good for Dj'ing, production and recording vocals. If you need all those things that's a good starting point. Then when budgets can afford jump up to an open back headphone for producing in the studio 990 or the 702.

Last edited:
I recently switched from my old AKG K240 to Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro. A major leap. Expensive, but totally worth it.

Back