Having trouble with Auto tune

DrizzyFromthe6

Why does my autotune plugin make me sound like a chipmunk?
I'm using Antares Auto tune Evo and when I applied the autotune to my vocals I sounded like a chipmunk (after I was messing around with the settings) but before I had the settings of one of my favorite artists, I had Drake settings on and when I applied the autotune I didn't notice any difference. I still sounded the same. I know I'm not going to sound exactly like him but I should be able to get some sort of results. How can I fix this issue

You're not going to sound like Drake by using a Drake preset (not even a little). You will sound like you, but in tune based on your predetermined parameters, or robotically in tune, if you use the program like an effect for that particular sound. What is it you're trying to achieve?

I know I won't sound like drake. I just want to get that effect. I've seen a lot of videos of people sounding like other rappers using autotune. They don't sound 100% like them but they still get the effect. But to answer your question, what I'm trying to achieve is to get that crispy voice like Travis Scott and Nav, Desiigner etc... If you notice their voices with autotune, they have that crispy "effect"

You should mind if the audience notices because, and this is no jab at you, you would benefit much more from learning singing using your natural voice, granted you get some professional training.

Last edited:
I would also add that the better you are at singing naturally the better you're going to be at crafting sounds with the auto-tune. Definitely look into getting some singing lessons or trying some courses on Udemy, Lynda, Youtube, etc.

Back